Friday, May 28, 2010

Expanding on Rush Poker




This game really has evolved so much. Since I started playing Rush Poker, normal tournaments just seem to move at a snails pace. While playing one $10 MTT last night, I managed to also play 10-12 135 man SnG's in the time that it took to just reach the money in my normal tournament.

The action is just so much more intense and keeps me focused. While the style of play is different, successful play still hinges on playing good cards and playing position in rush. I've found that I need to work on my bubble play in these SNG's. In the $12 ones, I usually have a healthy stack entering the final table and finish in the top 3-4 fairly easy. My problem seems to lie with the $26 level ones.

You would think the skill difference between the 12 and 26 rush tournies would be minimal. Unfortunately, that's not the case. Stepping up to the 26 dollar level requires a greater deal of aggression, especially when it gets short handed. The past 5 tournies at that level have seen me finish in the 20-35th place with 15 cashing. Somewhere along the way, my game seems to tighten up and I don't have enough chips to weather the coin flip scenarios that are dooming me at these critical levels.

However, I feel I'm still playing a strong game and my wins in the $12 levels far outweigh any losses I've incurred overall. In fact, I just barely missed the final table of a large $5 rush tourney with ~500 people and would have easily finished top 5 if not for a brutal 2 outter. Next time we'll be on the other end so I'll just have to keep plugging away.

Til next time see u on the flip side.

No comments:

Post a Comment